FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your favorite USA Hilton property
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2010, 7:35 am
dwcatty

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
From out in left field

Originally Posted by snapper6768
I am curious as to everyones favorite Hilton Property in the USA.
I highlighted favorite because that makes this a purely personal and subjective choice. My best experience at a Hilton USA property was at the Waldorf Astoria on my wedding night. Pretty fabulous experience.

But my favorite property is probably the HI in Kayenta, Arizona. My wife and I love the Four Corners area, making a trip to that region every year at Thanksgiving. We find peace in the desert, and it is so beautiful and quiet in November. The HI in Kayenta is ideally situated for us on this annual trip such that we have stayed there while making our grand loop starting in ABQ, PHX or COS. This year we fly to GJT and a stay in Kayenta is on tap.

As far as HIs go, Kayenta's is very nice. Their breakfast room doubles as a full service restaurant for dinner, and the food is quite good. They have a fireplace that crackles, and the ambiance is soothing. The gift shop is well stocked with reasonably priced native American art (and some requisite 'made in China' trinkets). All the rooms have pictures of the mittens from Monument Valley.