FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt House Salt Lake City / Sandy UT - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:04 pm
hopabout

Programs: Hyatt, *wood, DL, UA, the Anywhere pass
I've recommended this hotel to my friends for SLC-based ski trips. A car will give you WAY more access to the mountains and surrounding area; however, you could try to hook into the UTA bus line that takes you up to Big Cottonwood Canyon (Solitude, Brighton) or to Little Cottonwood Canyon (Alta, Snowbird).

This Sandy location is pretty suburban, though. If you want to stay where you have walkable access to evening entertainment or restaurants, I'd recommend their sister hotel, the Downtown SLC Hyatt Place. If you typically are too tired to go out after a hard day of skiing or boarding, or you just want to relax in your room, then the Sandy SS could be a good option.

I've stayed in a studio and a one-bedroom at the SS during NBT. There was plenty of room for little ol' me and probably would be enough room to comfortably fit a few more folks. Both rooms had a nice kitchen and sitting area. The lobby/dining area of the hotel is spacious, yet comfortable--a perfectly fine place to relax during breakfast.

BTW In Utah, and presumably at the Sandy SS, the water is actually hard. http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/characteristics.html
(Minerals build up quite quickly on Utah faucets.)

Last edited by hopabout; Feb 1, 2010 at 10:07 pm Reason: fixed link