FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has AA reduced service level out of DAL?
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2001, 4:28 pm
crAAzy

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, SPG GLD
I flew MKE-ORD-DAL and return on Jan 12/14. They F/A said that they plan on keeping the exec class service. AA might even get their own gate at DAL as early as March of this year.
I too flew in the exit row with the 80-90 inches of leg room, nice but a little funny feeling. On a funny note (without meaning to offend anybody) there was this cute little blonde F/A, very friendly, but kept bumping her head on the overhead bin everytime she stepped into the exit row. It's not uncommon to see someone do it once or twice, but this must have happend 7-8 times over the course of the flight . I guess you had to be there to see it b/c I'm still LOL as I'm typing this.
Anyway, the food and service was great, super nice F/As.
The seats were actually kind of a let down. They reminded me of those cramped first class seats they installed on some of those MD-80s where it seems like you have less leg room in first than they do in coach! Nothing special about the seat except it a little wider than coach. No music, no video, but it does have a phone.

Somewhere on here somebody said that they actually have planes in storage for this service if and when it picks up.