FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA called to inform of cancelled flight.
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2001, 11:00 pm
dgordon

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
At the end of NOv 2000, when the southeast was getting snow, I was recently called by Delta when my returning flight (originating in Savannah) connecting through Atlanta to ORD was cancelled (supposedly "weather" but more likely pilot trouble). In looking at recheduling I told them I didn't want a two hour wait in cincinnati with weather uncertainties. So they flew me to DFW, and put me on an AA our of DFW to ORD. I couldn't be happier. A free mileage run - I would have booked the original ticket on AA except they were 3 times the price of Delta to Savannah. I got my triple miles, 802x3 on AA, and almost as much on Delta as I would have with the original itinerary.I have no status on Delta. I think the airlines don't want a lot of unhappy passengers waiting and complaining at the airport and then demanding to be compensated in some way. Actually, it reminds me of when flying back to ORD from DFW (originating in Mexico), my flight was cancelled - not knowing this until check-in, I asked that my Frequent Flyer ticket be rebooked in a class of service that gave me miles. They did.

------------------
DtG