FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jan 28, 2010, 10:26 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You never know how some people can get really upset with trivia things.

I have seen people voided transactions at drug stores simply because they were not happy how the cashier treated them or how they did not get things done the way what they wanted.

Your assumption is all nice and well when in writing. In the day-to-day life reality especially in current shaky economy, the last thing a store keeper would want is to have unhappy customers who may accept your coin change for this time, but they may not come back to your store because they dont have to buy from you knowing you would give them back the coins as change they dont want.

Yes, they may be on their way after reluctantly accepting the coin changes you force to them. But they may never come back to your store because of that also.

Is this what you would practice if you run a business - to drive your customers away?

The only way these $ coins can be widely circulated is to get rid of the $ bill like in Europe and in Canada, in Australia and New Zealand. There is no other ways no matter how eloquent one try to write and make the case.

Originally Posted by swintec
You are going to void the entire transaction because you were given 2 dimes and a nickel due to being out of quarters? 2 5's because they are out of 10's? You can't give what you dont have. Years ago when i was a cashier working my way through high school...I ran out of any given denomination. When you had to substitute other denominations whether it was coins or bills, the customer may do a double take since they werent expecting it..but after a 2 second pause for counting, they were on there way. Never an issue, nor have I seen an issue in any store I have been in...but maybe it is the type of people in any given area.

Plus, a cashier in a store (large or small) is not a bank..all they can do is make change with what is available to them...In the end though, why should they be accepted by you or me? Well, the same reason we give the banks and tax collectors when they refuse our deposits/payments of these, "They are currency so there's no reason you should be refusing it"...Huh, sounds odd when the shoe is on the other foot I guess.