FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Procedure For Earning Bonus Hilton Honors Points for Car Rental
Old Jan 27, 10, 11:21 pm
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative View Post
It isn't a policy change, but more of a process change. The benefit still exists, it is just processed differently now.
I am an long-time Emerald Club member and find this inconvenient at best, although I will still take advantage of this offer.

I never go to the counter at National Car Rental. It usually only takes me a couple of minutes to check out the car at the exit once I choose a vehicle at the Emerald Aisle. Now the process will take longer if I want to collect the 250 Hilton HHonors points that I have earned, and I have to now do it in the car outside at the gate.

I do not know about anyone else, but I would much rather first get to the hotel property to receive my Hilton HHonors points. Additionally, as others have stated, I want to earn both National and Hilton HHonors points — one of the “Double-Dipping” procedures of which is a main marketing point of the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program — but apparently can no longer do so.

This may be a minor inconvenience, but I would much prefer the former way of collecting 250 Hilton HHonors points for renting a car.

I am requesting that Hilton please revisit this procedure.