FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Airlines e-Ticketing faulty.....
Old Jan 27, 2010, 7:19 pm
david.chai

Hi, chowinlondon

Originally Posted by chowinlondon
David.Chai,

I do hope that your issue will be solved soon. Have you visited a MAS office in person and demanding to see their manager?

Since your flight dates are relatively near, if your problem is still not resolved until say one week before it, I'd say change your names with them, paying the 3x MYR65 first. Then launch a court action. In Malaysia I know you can use the "Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna". Whilst I do hope it doesn't go that far, it is something you can think of.
Thanks for responding to my help. Finally I've managed to call them (Miss.Putriati - person who handling my case) minutes ago and she kept saying is not a system glitch and not responsible for that.....I've ask her to escalate the case and she said she did in DEC ( not sure how true is her statement) but until this morning she gives me the same old excuse "Our system is designed in such a way...." my goodness.....

Excuses given by her:
1. Our system is design in such a way
2. You are the only case happened that day
3. Is your responsible to book anything online
4. Confirmation page is there for you to check

I did request a report on the findings or perhaps put me in the email loop but she said is meant for internal communication only and keep rejecting in provides any report or data on the case.

I'm thinking how can an internation Airline company like MAS not having a exception handling mechanism when duplicated data is store. Do they really think the consumer have nothing better to do than key-in the same data again 3 times?

And again do they really take the effort to look into their online system glitch instead of pointing fingers on the consumer?? What are the preventive measurement taken for other customer to improve the system??

My online booking error screen below:

http://www.mypicx.com/01272010/Flight_Details/

Note: This is not my first time booking MAS via online (I do not have such problem previously) and "David Chai" is not even my fullname, just a login name.

chowinlondon, definitely i'll take your advice into consideration (pay them to have the names changed and bring it to the court) if they continues to do nothing about it. I do not want my Chinese New Year ruin by this idiotic system.

Thanks again chowinlondon.

Last edited by david.chai; Jan 27, 2010 at 8:00 pm