FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Christmas calendar - Chicago with points (KF/SK HEL-ARN-ORD r/t in Y+)
Old Jan 26, 2010, 4:25 am
vulle

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by freeman_swe
Unfortunately no. Did not have enough points for three Y+ tickets only one Y+ and two Y and choose to sit with my brothers in Y. But I will see at check-in if there is any possibility do upgrade.

How did you find the area you stayed at? We are staying at Affinia up north right next to Michigan Ave.

This is our first time in Chicago, do you have any tips of what not to miss?

Br
Niclas
I am sure Economy will be good too - and think, for 30 000 points you three fly r/t to Chicago! Usually one of you'd fly to Germany for that amount of points.

I wouldn't call myself a Chicago expert at all, but here are some suggestions anyway. Michigan Avenue is great for shopping, so you're situated very well. I stayed at the Loop which is business area but close to everything in my opinion. You have to take a trip on the "L", the elevated train. I´ve always liked elevated trains - other favorite is Bangkok's SkyTrain.

As you're going with your brothers you really should have a dinner at Kinzie Chophouse. I went there at 6pm and it was quite empty. After 30 minutes it was full and later they were lot of customers waiting for tables. So be early or make a booking. I'd recommend eating at the bar/lounge, I really enjoyed the atmosphere.

Millenium Park is nice - if the weather isn't too bad.

Have a great trip!