Old Nov 3, 00, 10:16 pm
SherynB

Sat with Geraldo Rivera in the downstairs gates in terminal A for a weather-delayed AE flight from DFW to MKE for about 30 minutes. I noticed him about a half hour earlier upstairs before they changed our gates as several people approached him (he was sitting quietly, reading a book) and asked for autographs...I had heard he was rude, and was surprised to see that he was gracious and pleasant to everybody...including me, when he sat down near me after the gate changed, and made pleasant conversation until boarding time.

From our conversation, I knew he was late for a speaking engagement in Milwaukee as a result of the flight delay. I had preferred seats near the exit, while he was seated much farther back. I asked the FA to offer my seat to him so the he could deboard quickly and make it to his speech as close as possible to the starting time. As it turned out, the seat in front of me was vacant, so the FA moved him, and he was the first off the plane...and very appreciative of the courtesy. He hadn't even asked for assistance.

[This message has been edited by SherynB (edited 11-03-2000).]