FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - India honeymoon itinerary - your thoughts!
Old Jan 24, 2010, 7:47 am
Kagehitokiri
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Shuttle-Bored, id agree with vuittonsofstyle re tours, and maybe transfers - stick with hotels, they are good ones. only if your budget was a lot higher might the top tour companies be better. OTOH jkirk did mention some issues at amanbagh...

re tour companies - offhand i recall things like formal meals with maharajas at umaid bhawan / rambagh. and when geoffrey kent himself led a group out of aman-i-khas, perhaps he was allowed to go off route/etc in the park. OTOH for example FS mumbai arranged a bollywood film role for $100K.

tour companies and elite traveler (above itin, and suite blurbs) are good sources for itin ideas as well, in addition to the trip reports here. then you can talk to hotel or tour company youre making arrangements with re specifics / personal preferences / updates / etc. im sure people here would be happy to discuss things in more detail as well, as you go through planning process. this is the right (only) forum.

vuittonsofstyle, can you comment on how the 3 good taj camps compare to aman-i-khas?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 24, 2010 at 10:23 am