FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Christmas calendar - Chicago with points (KF/SK HEL-ARN-ORD r/t in Y+)
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:47 pm
vulle

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Christmas calendar - Chicago with points (KF/SK HEL-ARN-ORD r/t in Y+)

I’ve enjoyed reading trip reports on FT since finding FT a few years ago. This is my first attempt at a trip report - so please be gentle

SAS has for a few years now had an annual point offer before Christmas - there are tales of SEA and NRT previously. Thanks to Morradi who started thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...l-chicago.html I made quick decision to try Economy Extra TATL for a weekend trip to the Windy City. Instead of the usual 75.000 points this trip required only 20.000 in Economy Extra (in Economy it would have been only 10.000 points). It was hard to find availability but finally I succeeded. I also got a great hotel deal - more about it later.

There were difficulties for me to fill in APIS details on SAS website (as usual) and I only managed to OLCI to ARN. SAS internet support told me that there were some problems with the system so I was slightly nervous about my seats. Anyway, got up (too) early to head to the airport to have a lot of time in case there were problems with my booking. There was just one couple ahead of me in queue to *G/C/Y+ check-in and I didn’t need to have worried about my booking either. After they canceled my previous attempt at OLCI I was checked in all the way to ORD - with window seats on both legs.

Tower Lounge

After a quick security control I made my way to Tower Lounge (Priority Pass lounge). It’s one of the better lounges in HEL in my opinion. There is a nice view out to one of the active runways - unfortunately it being 7.40 am in January in HEL means that it was pitch black outside. I had some breakfast and enjoyed the free WLAN.

More later - soon it’s time to board my first flight!

Last edited by vulle; Jan 22, 2010 at 10:49 pm Reason: Minor corrections