FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:42 am
dfreeman02

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
One time. On a flight from ORD to LHR. When I landed, someone from United asked me "Did you know that was your plane? (meaning the plane with my name on it) My only experience was when my son and I were walking down a concourse at IAD and he spots" my plane" at a gate." Cool,where is it going" I asked. My son said it was going to Munich. Well what the heck,we were there to spend a weekend together in Paris, so let's just switch the tickets to Munich!Done! We were pretty exited flying together on "Dad's plane!" Here we are toasting each other with pre-departure champaigne as the door is closing and I look out the window and see that the next gate over..the flight to Frankfurt,is oh boy.....yeah "Dad's plane".....bottom line had one of the best weekends with my son.....and I'll take that every time.
That's the most sincere thing I've ever read on FT. If it's people like you at the top, I'm proud to be a meager 1K-lite with 60K BIS.

And I hope to one day be toasting my son/daughter in UA C -- just have to wait 21 more years or so.