FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change name on Hawaiian Airlines ticket?
View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:46 am
ctnjnuit

barter for round trip ticket

Originally Posted by slippahs
Just for clarification purposes, how would it be any different for an interisland ticket? For any ticket, one cannot transfer the ticket to another once booked under that person's name. The only thing to do is to cancel the ticket for that person (or request a refund for a refundable ticket) and use that ticket for the ticket nameholder at a later date before the ticket expires. Then you'd have to book a new ticket in another person's name for the new traveler.
I just came across an opportunity to trade some electronics (computer,phone,video accessories) for a round trip ticket. The ad I found states:
"I purchased a ticket less than a month in advanced last year and was unable to make the flight. It's from Vegas to Honolulu to Maui to Honolulu and back. It's available to book for any dates until July 7, 2010. I bought this ticket from Hawaiian Airlines and they've granted me the ability to transfer this ticket to someone, as I won't be able to afford the amenities. "

I responded to the ad stating I want to depart LAS to OGG on 3/9/10 and return from OGG to LAS on 3/14/10. He replied:
"As long as HawaiianAirlines.com shows that there's vacancy for those dates, I'll be able to book and transfer to you."

Going with the assumption he was able to get a credit from HA, what steps can I take to ensure I'm not getting scammed?