FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Delayed/Cancelled UA International Flights [Master Thread]
Old Jan 15, 2010, 2:39 am
Miles Ahead

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Miles Ahead, did you get your vouchers, would they put you on the LH?
I'm not quite sure what the question is, but.

When they finally agreed to send me on LH, the reservations agent made it a point to say they could request an upgrade, but wouldn't. She said normally a request needs to be done 24 hours in advance, and I should have called then. Of course, 24 hours before, United still hadn't canceled the flight.

She then went on to explain how this 24 hour rule can be circumvented, but that they wouldn't.

To be honest, I thought it was kind of petty, but since I managed to get on a flight that got me where I needed to be 8 hours sooner, so I lost only half a day rather than a full day, I wasn't in the mood to rock the boat and risk the whole thing falling apart. This is the first time I have ever been in a situation with irregular operations where I got any resistance at all in taking another carrier, and like I said before, I am really puzzled by this.
  • There was a huge difference in arrival time - 8 hours.
  • This was not just on any *A carrier, but LH, and UA shares revenue with them anyway.

The LH plane did go out with 50 empty seats in Y and at least 2 in C. I had a very nice window seat in Y with an empty one next to me.