FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So Alaska has it's own FF program? No affiliation?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:49 am
wsucougarchick05

Location: Vancouver (Not BC), WA (Not DC)...I'm in a PDX flight path.
Programs: Elite peon; MR Gold; HH Silver; BW Diamond (status match)
Originally Posted by schley
My thoughts and probably the exact same as anyone else who finds himself in the Alaska forum for the first time as well.

It would be great to have the motivation and time to spend 30 minutes to an hour in finding out the basics that a FAQ could do in 5 minutes tops.

I think FAQ's serve the purpose of keeping those ignorant to that particular forum informed without bothering the "enlightened" for that particular forum. Everyone wins. No "basic" questions and as a result no evil PM's sent to new posters in the forum who ask for FAQ info.^
As COpltASgldPHX stated, you got your answers from jwright, but not spelled out word-for-word here on FT. Instead, jwright directed you to the Alaska Airlines homepage, which spells out the benefits of each partner with very little room for confusion, if you ask me.

...then again, I am a quick learner and even better at comprehension, so maybe that's why I don't see how someone could get confused reading it.

I think the reason why we don't have a FAQ here for AS is because the program is pretty black-and-white in the explanation on the website. I'd bet you cold hard cash that I could read it to my 5 year old neice and she'd be able to understand what's stated on the AS website in regards to the benefits to the Mileage Plan program.

There is this, but unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's been updated to reflect the DL/NW merger and the changes to the upgrade system that came with the merger.

As for evil PM's...I don't think there's a person in here who would deliberately send an evil PM to someone asking a basic question. When I first came to FT, my first post was probably the dumbest question in the history of FT...where to sit on a PDX-SEA flight...and no one send me evil PM's.