FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maui Timeshares - Discounts on Activities?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:50 pm
samalamadingdong

Programs: DL FO, CO Silver, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
lharris816,

My wife and I just got back (like a few hours ago) from Hawaii, where we did Oahu, Maui, and Kauai.

We stayed at the Kaanapali Beach Club for 4 nights - nice property, albeit very PINK. Decent suites, spacious, well-appointed. As far as the timeshare pitch - aggressive is an understatement. Our salesperson would not take take no for an answer. He and his manager more or less told us that our marriage was doomed if we didn't buy from them (under the guise of "not spending quality vacation time with each other.") TWO HOURS later we were freed from our misery (but not before being passed off to one last person for a final pitch).

Oh, I almost forgot - their other angle was that it would guarantee "good nookie - because hotel nookie is the best nookie."

The 100 bucks in vouchers just isn't worth it, IMHO.

...I bought Maui Revealed...
PS - I would not suggest taking this book out in public - while definitely a great resource, it is DESPISED by locals for various reasons, all of which I am sympathetic to.