FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jan 11, 2010, 6:44 pm
balima

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Ha - of course if you are using the program to get coins to actually spend then yes I agree... but in that case I still think it's somewhat irrelevant as I can't imagine anyone ordering enough coins for actual use that would make it worthwhile. I may order a single box every now and then for use as tip money when I travel, paying road tolls etc... but this is going to be like $250 every now and then... not going to set my mileage account on fire the way my prior $5k every couple of weeks was doing
I pay my mortgage with them every month and the tellers are happy to see me. They say their manager likes them and this keeps her from having to order them to give out as change. I'm doing my part.

Mister Balima uses them to buy lunch. Master Balima gets them as allowance and spends them at school for meals. Master Balima gets them as movie money. I use them at parking boxes. It's actually amazing how quickly you can spend them.