FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dec '09 UA Security Procedures-operational changes on INTERNATIONAL flights? [Merged]
Old Jan 10, 2010, 7:22 pm
rkaradi

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by halls120
That must be a YVR rule. I was at YOW today, and my laptop case (stuffed to the gills with as much as I could get in) passed with no problem. Lines weren't long, either, for a Friday. The 3 hours recommendation at YOW isn't necessary, if today was any example.

My colleague and I decided that it was just a ruse to get us to buy more liquor at the nice cozy bar in the US departure section. It worked.
YEG today I have a Swissgear laptop backpack and all I had was my laptop and CPAP machine in it. I was MADE to check the backpack and hand carry the computer and CPAP. YEG-DEN-OAK. it was a total pain. I did see small to large purses, baby bags, and messanger/sachel computer bags allowed. They seems to allow almost anything in those bags.

FYI check in, holding pen, called by flight, went to customs, dropped off bags, security (normal) and then a very through pat down for everyone.