FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Things that annoy me when I travel
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2010, 7:21 pm
andrewbashuk

Programs: Delta FO
Originally Posted by pinworm
Well, now that you have me started! There are too many annoyances to mention, so I will categorize them as best I can:

AMATURE TRAVELLER'S....people who don't fly too often and therefore have no idea how anything works. I am sympathetic to a degree, but getting to the security line and forgetting to put your toilettries in a baggie and taking off your jewelry impacts everyone. Same with booking specific seats..this is not the 1970's..you cannot show up at the counter 40 minutes before departure with 6 family members in tow and expect to have seats together, and you certainly cannot POACH other people's seat when those people have selected and paid for those seats weeks in advance, and have the BP to prove it. They are also gate lice, blocking the gate as soon as FC boarding is announced even though they are not FC.

Amature travellers tend to be disoriented as well, and are guilty of those little annoyances..blocking a jetway in like disoriented cows standing stock still and thereby, blocking foot traffic, or walking back from the lav and grabbing everyone's seat to steady themselves, waking up ailse seat nappers one at a time.

for me its travelers who can't spell.