Old Jan 6, 10, 10:37 pm
lucky9876coins
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund -- FlyerTalk Cares Charity

Hi Folks:

I’m happy to announce that the Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund is now a FlyerTalk Cares approved charity. Captain Jason Dahl was the Captain of United 93 on 9/11, and one of the first people to give his life that day in an attempt to protect his passengers and crew. Based on what I’ve heard flying wasn't just his job, but also his passion; he loved what he did. As a result, in his memory a scholarship fund was set up by friends, family, and fellow pilots to give qualified students the opportunity to attend flight training schools.

Those of you that participated in the Star Alliance Mega Do did an amazing job raising over $2,000 for the fund. You can read more about that, and also see a picture of three of his fellow pilots, Sandy Dahl (Captain Dahl’s widow), and Randy accepting the check last month here.

This charity was brought to our attention by Captain Denny Flanagan, who many of you may know from various dinners around the country and even flight “FlyerTalk One.”

I figured this would be a good charity to bring to the attention of FlyerTalkers as many of us can relate to the events of 9/11 closely and also largely share a love for aviation. If you’d like to learn more about the charity, feel free to check out the website. There’s information there on how to make a donation, either via check or PayPal. If you'd like to make a donation, feel free to include "FlyerTalk" and your handle in the comments section of Paypal, as there might be some sort of raffle/drawing eventually.

Thanks!