Old Jan 6, 10, 9:05 pm
gemac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JY1024 View Post
I've put a family member with no status on an F award ticket (AA on the international segment). She was able to access the FL upon her return to ORD before she connected to the domestic segment.

I've also upgraded a non-status friend using a eVIP (i.e. ended up flying in J), and he was able to enter the Business lounge before he connected to a OW flight in economy.

Maybe I'm reading a different page or just reading the verbiage differently, but the OW Lounge Access page seems to be clear re: class of service.

From http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/loung...lass-of-travel:

So in order to gain access into the FL, OP would have to A) be departing on a OW flight and either B) have OW Emerald status or C) have an international F boarding pass for a flight that day. OP satisfies A and C, so should be fine.
It also says: "Emerald or Sapphire level top-tier members of oneworldŽ airlines' frequent flyer programmes have access to almost 550 departure lounges across the globe, no matter which oneworld airline you are flying." It does not say that passengers flying Business or First Class have access to the lounges of other airlines. That's the ambiguity, and FT members have had variable results trying to do this.

Of course your family member was able to access the FL - they were in F on AA.