FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mattress runs without staying?
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2010, 6:55 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by jfhscott
Thank you for the alert and I have seen that thread . . . indeed, my post is something of a follow up thereto.

I guess I want to know what a GM would have to say if I fully disclosed that I would be in and out for days at a time.

More specifically, I am in the DC area, and might book a 16 stay at a myrtle beach, SC property. Midwinter, I've seen long term rates as low as $35 (currently $47). Given that this could get me (1) some good points in the current megabonus (2) qualifying nights, and (3) somewhere to stay in Myrtle Beach (which has some off season charm, a mild climate within a 7 hour drive, easy access to Charleston, and above all else, a NASCAR cafe), I might be able to justify the cash. But I must return to DC for the job midweek, you see.

I don't want to lie to anyone - ws just wondering what a GM might have to say.

The stay woudl span 3 weekends, and would come at a time when I might be a bit slow on my Platinum requalifiction.
Wow, I dont think Plat is worth anything near that amount of extra outlay

Even with the Mega Bonus Id rather keep that $200+ in my pocket then pay for those nights midweek when I wont be there

IMO theres very little in MRs Plat level over its Gold level. SPG or Hyatt it would pay but not MR, not enough coming back to me to justify such an outlay