FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Check Your Glasses & Cups
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2010, 5:54 pm
Jim Davis Sr

Programs: CO / DL / UA / Priority Club / Gold Crown - Platinum - HHonors - Diomond - Hertz Presidents Club.
Check Your Glasses & Cups

This is a pet pieve of mine I thought I'd share. Glasses & Coffee cups in hotel rooms.

A lot of hotels do this. It's not limited to only one hotel chain.

I'm on my last night at the Holiday Inn Select, Memphis Airport. I enjoy a few cups of coffee in the morning. Most of the coffee makers are scummy looking to me, so I pack my own instant, creamers, and sweetners. I only use the coffee maker to heat the water without the basket or lid. Anyhoo, hese's my issue.

I washed a coffee cup and had my coffee. When I returned from work that evening there were clean cups by the coffee maker. (Or were they clean?) I had placed a scratch on the bottom of the cup and left it on the bathroom sink. When I looked, the same cup was there the next day. It's obvious, the cup was washed in the bathroom sink, and with what? Probably the glass cleaner they used to clean the mirror? And who used it before me on the day before I checked in? When I first removed the sanitary cover, I placed a small pen mark on the inside rim and threw it in the garbage with the old tissues, and bathroom waste. But the next day, that cover was back on the cup.

Just an FYI, if you like coffee or drinks in your room, bring your own paper cups or styrofoam coffee cups.

Yes, I've complained many times. I get the standard "Sorry bout that, we will look into it"