FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Membership Rewards to British Airways transfer bonus
Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:37 pm
S.Bling

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by BigLar
Well, silly me ....

I have an AMEX Optima card, which I've had for years and seldom use. A couple of years ago, a rep convinced me to join Membership Rewards. For one thing, he said, it's free. So I did.

I managed to accumulate just a shade over 1000 points, and this looked like a good opportunity to get 6000 BA miles. so I charged ahead.

This is when I found out there are two Membership rewards programs; Membership Rewards, and Membership Rewards Express. The second one is free, but the first one costs 40 bucks a year. Naturally. I have the Express version. That version does not allow transfers to FF programs.

In all the years I've been around FT, I'm astonished that I was unaware of the two different programs.
well, on the bright side, if you pay the 40 bucks you can transfer your 6,000 BA miles. The cost will be 0.66cents per mile - better than you can do anywhere else on the planet...