FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barefoot abuse, toe tapping and blown breaker, HNL/LGA
Old Jan 4, 2010, 7:37 pm
tdowl5757

Barefoot abuse, toe tapping and blown breaker, HNL/LGA

The pain of leaving sunny Hawaii for frigid NY was somewhat compounded by three rather unpleasant flights beginning with 84 on 01/02.

Guess F cabin dress not what it used to be. Sit down in 1E, notice 1B in swim trunks ditches flip flops and plants bare foot on bulkhead with large big toe dangling in aisle, no big deal.

Enter 2E who removes his flip flops and plants bare foot on my armrest grazing my elbow with his toes, withering glance corrects this.

Halfway 2E again uses my armrest as a footrest and I call him on it resulting in a barrage of F bombs and general abuse, when I call the purser over to complain she replies with a look that indicates I’m the idiot for making a scene “duly noted but he was sleeping and just crabby” and not a word to my barefoot buddy.

A second glance elicits another stream of bile, ignored as he seemed eager to escalate and didn’t want to end up zip-tied on the floor.

On 68 in 1B, 2B is rocking out using my chair frame as his kick pedal, endured for a couple hours before politely mentioning that he’s also rocking my world.

Upon ORD arrival 682 is late then blows a breaker, finally land LGA 4 1/2 hours late to massive taxi queue where further abuse suffered at the hands of brutal dispatcher.

Realize this just was not my day but do have one question: Am I out of line asking the purser to support me when I’m being verbally abused by a PAX whose disgusting bare foot twice caressed my elbow?

Last edited by tdowl5757; Jan 4, 2010 at 7:43 pm