View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 10, 6:48 pm
lharris816

I have never used ebay for a condo rental but I have heard good things about it from others. I have used VRBO in Kauai and for more local areas without a hitch. We are staying in Maui this month and I found a listing on Craigslist at the Ka'anapali Beach Club at 750 per wk. I contacted the seller and many emails later verifiying his information, I got 13 nights pro-rated at 750 per wk. I payed him with Paypal, half down. I got a conformation number with the hotel which I have verified and will now pay the balance on Paypal, before arival. I paid by credit card to protect myself, I'm feeling pretty good about it, will update after the 17th when I get there. Staying at the Marriott Waiela for 3 nights at the end of the trip with gift cards.

As for a rental car I have had the best price at Alamo, standard car, 16 nights for 350. Have been looking but nothing better yet. I did try Priceline for a convertabile at 14 per night and they counter-offered at 17 per night. I thought I would just try 15 the next day, but was rejected. I'm not sure that the credit card would protect for insurance purposes in case of an accident since it is a Priceline charge. Does anyone know if they do this normally if you go thru Priceline?