FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Report: Recent Hyatt Stays vs. Starwood Stays
Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:37 pm
moulder3

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by aussiechris
Yes, I too have sampled Hyatt recently and been impressed.
The lack of consistency with SPG in the delivery of top tier benefits is a real issue.Some Hotels (Laguna Resort & Spa) do it well and others struggle or show little care.
I am not surprised by your comments.
I agree completely. Starwood has seemingly done nothing to encourage or force their hotels to 'recognize' plat. members as the loyal guests we are. Not that it matters, but I qualified for plat. almost 3 times-over last year, however get practically nothing for it at every hotel I travel to! Most club lounges are gone, Starwood doesn't require hotels to give plats. free breakfast at their restaurant, no free internet & rarely do we even get the supposed VIP check-in line or suites. Even the airlines are ahead of Starwood on this (as well as prioritizing plats. based on stays or nights)!!!

I'm staying at a Hyatt Place later this month, and I've read nothing but GREAT things about these new hotels. While they don't have the number of properties as Starwood, I haven't seen one reason to stay even ONE night beyond my 25 nights for plat (half of which is already done for 2010)! Thanks to the 4th quarter promo, I'll be done with Starwood by March this year, unless they implement SERIOUS changes to the treatment of plats!