FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX 580/1 : Hong Kong - Sapporo in F with 9 Kids
Old Jan 4, 2010, 5:47 am
marcuslai

Programs: CX DM
The return flight (needed to split becuase of FT's 20 image limit) :

Two short days later we were already doing OLCI for our return flight. Same deal as before - we had to call MPC to request a seat in the F cabin, all of them were blocked. This time we requested 4A and 4D. Given all the times I stand on top of seat 4D to take photos, I thought maybe I should sit on that seat as well and not dirty someone else's.

Some light snow at CTS; no biggie.

And here was a pleasant surprise at checkin. We were offered a choice a JPY 1,200 coupon for shopping in lieu of access to the JAL lounge that had nothing to eat, no air-conditioning, and no internet access. I think the choice's pretty bloody clear. We both opted for the cash coupons. (I believe the lounge was pre-immigration as well ... wth ??)

You can redeem the coupons at restaurants or at "Sky Blue" shops that are unhelpfully concentrated at the other end of the terminal building.

We decided the coupons would be great to buy "hand-letters" in the form of Royce Chocolate boxes. Each box retails around HKD 100 in City Super and the like, but only about JPY 600 here; not a bad deal at all.

Good thing we had space in our carry on for the unexpected chocolates. You can see the other kids are also hiding in the carry-on to sneak them pass immigration and passport control, hehe.

Finally, we were ready to head to immigration and security !

The first glimpse of the 747-400 that would be taking us home tonight as we headed down to the gate.

We are served on our return flight by B-HOV who has got a cute dusting of snow on his nose. The EVA a/c next to him is being de-iced, somethng B-HOV will soon need as well. If you check out at Airmancolin's flight report here (http://www28.discuss.com.hk/viewthread.php?tid=11244311) you will notice the CX and BR flights are using the same gates there as well; it looks like CX 580/1 and BR 116/5 have reserved gates here at New Chitose.

Once on board B-HOV, we chatted with the ISM who informed us the UD would be empty today !! Naturally we headed up here to check it out. Including LJ and me, there were three pax in the F cabin, and there were a handful of others in the LD J cabin.

This photo was taken during push back with the safety video showing; I believe this is the point where they ask us to turn off all electronic devices. And hence my camera had to go ....

But then I had to turn it back on when I saw the awesome cabin lights during the takeoff roll ! Now you know why I picked seat 4D ... the 後排中間位置 that's the best to enjoy the "lights show".

After taking off, the lights were brightened and changed color to orange which apparently signaled it was time for drinks and meal service.

I wasn't too hungry and only had the appetizer - prawns with asparagus. Again, the meals are nothing to write home about though CX's wine selection is consistently excellent. I always enjoy their reds. Incidentally, where are the kids ?

It turned out that the big dull dulls had led the rest of the kids to the upper deck to hang out, they probably wanted some time away from the adults. Of course they asked the ISM and FAs for permission to leave their ticketed cabin.

Here is another photo of the upper deck cabin; gotta love B-HOV's warm almost festive lights.

The kids were asked to fill out an in-flight survey. With the de-icinggiving them an extra half hour to roam the beautiful cabins, they had nothing but praise !!