FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MVD / Montevideo, Uruguay AA Flights and Contract Lounge Access (consolidated)
Old Jan 3, 2010, 9:45 am
LAXjoe

Programs: AA EXP MM, UA 2P, Bonvoy Gold
New MVD Terminal

I had the pleasure of flying into and out of MVD's new terminal on Jan 1 (AEP-MVD on Pluna and MVD-MIA on AA). It's indeed open and what a beautiful facility--with great (friendly, professional) staff at every encounter (everyone seemed quite proud of their new base, and should be). Used the VIP lounge--quite large, design feels like a W hotel, includes three pc terminals, and a relaxation room at the opposite end. All the bathrooms were private suites, with showers. Wireless was not working properly but they should have it worked out by now I presume (they were aware of issue). Plugs are sockets that are sunk into the floor--my bulky square adapter (typical EU standard) would not fit, so they loaned me slim adapter, so bring your slimmest adapter if you plan on using. Very limited food options (a few sandwiches and croissants) in the lounge, so you may consider gabbing a bite at the airport restaurant post security (only other option is a McCafe, landside). All in all a super nice facility, and still only a few gates in total so no major schlep factor. FWIW, Uruguay is a lovely country, I especially enjoyed the few days I spent in La Barra / Jose Ignacio area beyond Punta del Este. Highly recommend it.