FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The best sleepmask in the world
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2010, 3:40 pm
dfyant

Programs: AA LT Platinum, AX Cent so...Delta Plat, SPG Gold, etc..
The best sleepmask in the world

I think I have tried most every sleep mask in the market. Every birthday or holiday someone gives me a new one as a present, thinking they can outdo the simple one that I use.

However I simply have never found one better than the standard old Bucky Foldable Sleep Mask with pouch. This is b/c this one simple Bucky is the only one that doesn't have an annoying clip on the side, or a stupid velcro overlap on the back of the head (that causes discomfort when my head touches the seat back), or some other dumb thing that gets in the way when trying to sleep. The old Bucky has a very soft velcro adjustment on the side, it's soft enough that if you touch it you barely know it's there.

Now Bucky has discontinued my favorite mask and I can't find one to replace it. Mine is getting very worn. I visited 3 travel stores today and tried around 15 masks. Every one has a clip on the side (which would be annoying) clip on the back of the head (um, do they realize that this is going to be annoying when you lean your head back?), velcro overlap on the back (not as annoying as the clip but still pretty annoying) or non-adjustable elastic bands.

Does anyone know of either a place to get the now-discontinued foldable Bucky mask or know of a suitable replacement?

Does anyone know why Bucky creates all of their sleep masks with thick velcro or clips at the back of the head?