FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Alaska Miles on Qantas is horrible
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2010, 11:52 pm
COpltASgldPHX

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JeremyWake
The problem is with Qantas! They are horrible. Alaska Partner desk tried to help me and they were very disappointed with Qantas. this is costing me a business class award and they have a tone of seats that are going empty.

My flight down to LAX on Alaska in First Class was amazing! Jan in first, really took good care of me.
I'm glad to hear that the AS partner desk did everything they could to assist you. The agents on that desk are all top notch. I've had Jan as an FA in F before as well. She's super.

Originally Posted by JeremyWake
Why couldn’t I have access to the lounge at the very least. I have access on my return flight and this is a business class award. I ended up just paying
Although I empathize with your situation (redeemed miles for a premium cabin but did not get it on the long segment) you must realize that for lounge access they are following the rules. Lounge access is restricted to those who are ticketed in a premium cabin. Even though you redeemed enough miles to travel in business class you are still not ticketed in business class. Now if something changes (and I hope it does) and you are given the business class seat that you should rightfully have would seek a refund from Qantas for what you paid for lounge access.