FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA
Old Jan 1, 2010, 12:28 pm
Mr. Bean

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by buschoi
I guess you mean balance transfer? I don't think it is credit card purchase, so I would say no. Some posters, however, open a Citi checking account, fund it with the Chase BA, and use the money to pay off the credit card. This is discussed in another thread, though some have problems getting through the CSR to fund the new checking account with CC as a purchase rather than as a cash advance, so YMMV.
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Chase's Terms and Conditions are quite clear on the issue of balance transfers from other credit cards: "The qualifying Spend Target of the BA/Chase Credit Card is 30,000 USD (the “Spend Target”). Qualifying spend does not include cash withdrawals, interest, balance transfers and fees."

The full T & C's can be found at:
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_us
However, this is not the case for this Credit Card. On the application page, under number 3:

To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make qualifying transactions totaling $2,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Qualifying transactions include purchases, balance transfers, and any checks that are used to access your account, and exclude cash advances.
So balance transfer would work.

EDIT: for the $2K requirement, but not for the $30K, as Steve in Olympia explained.