FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - *sigh* Another Centurion Qualification Question
Old Jan 14, 2004, 7:07 am
ThWilmesi

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by axel1:
to ThWilmesi:

Of course Amex would never offically announce the numbers of all published german Centurion magazins, because I would destroy the illusion ("only 2000 selected members" LOLOLOL)they were telling you.

I've got the numbers from the official german mediafact publications, which can be found also in the internet.

The infos about the numbers of suplementary Centruion cards are actualy from people who I know very close and who have or still do work for Amex in Frankfurt.

To ahrz:

The numbers creditcards in Germany for 2002are 20.8 Mio cards:

10.6 Mio Mastercards
8.5 Mio Visas
1.45 Mio. Amex
250K Diners Club

Since Amex couldn't significally raise its numbers of cardholders in Germany, even though they are giving away Gold cards for free the first year, they now do everything to at least keep the numbers of cardsholders in Germany.

You can get your annual fee waived for blue, green and gold cards, they now even are compromising and cut your annaul fee for platinum and centruion, if you call and negotiate.

53K Centurion cards (I don't care what colour, because they all get the same service - except a few perks like PPpass) are about 3,6% of 1,45 Mio cards. So almost 4 on every 100 german Amex cards are centurions (regardless of its colour).

</font>

To Axel1:

by the way the number of 2000 Centurion Card Holders was not from Amex, but from the Spiegel, but I have to admit that it relates to 2002. That was latest info I had.