FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - *sigh* Another Centurion Qualification Question
Old Jan 13, 2004, 10:39 pm
ThWilmesi

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by axel1:
Honey, don't flatter yourself ;-)

Numbers for Germany (according to the official published numbers of the Centurion magazin and my close contacts to Amex staff) by the end of 2003:

At least 15000 centurion maincard holders plus at least 10000 black supplemenatry centurion cardholders plus about another 25000 suplementary centruion cards in platinum or gold - makes a total of at least 50000 "centurions" in Germany!!

Itīs not by invitation only - there's always theat big gap between "what Amex is telling" and the "truth".
As soon as you can bring a proof of your bank, that you are good for 100K Euros, they'll issue you that card.

Amex is gagging for any idiot in Germany who is willing to pay an annual fee of 1000 Euros.

</font>
Just some commentsto your posts:

You can only count basically the main card holders.

Secondly you have to tell me where in the Centurion Card magazine you have found that figure you are mentioning, I was looking all over, couldn't find that figure, maybe you can help me with a exact quote.

If it would be just for 100.000 Euros, honestly it would be very easy.... then we would have much more Centurions

but as other are saying too, we all probably do not know the exact criteria..

of course a lot has to do with this " subjective" elite feeling which Amex wants to make you believe.

If you feel that anybody who has opted for a Centurion Card is an idiot, well feel free..

me for my part, considering the fact that I am travelling a lot especially the benefit of being Starwood Plat has helped me to save a lot of money during my business trips as well as using Priority Pass is a very nice amenity. You also have not to forget that this card until now ( please correct me if I am wrong) is the only card in Germany which basically includes CDW on rental cars, this saves me a lot of money renting a lot of cars...

so maybe not everyone is an idiot - it depends all of the personal situation of anybody.