FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So I got a Scottevest Evolution jacket . . .
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:34 am
PTravel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I got a Scottevest Evolution jacket . . .

On Saturday, when it looked like some airlines were banning carry-ons, I ordered a Scottevest Evolution jacket. For those unfamiliar with this product, it's a nice jacket with removable sleeves that has 25 (that's not a typo) pockets and can actually accommodate a laptop. I'm flying trans-pac today, and the thought of not having my own IFE (movies on the laptop, music on the iPod) was unacceptable.

Well the jacket arrived and I love it. It's very well constructed, has removable sleeves, and the 25 pockets, as advertised. I loaded it up with everything I might conceivably need on the flight -- iPod, Bose headphones, backup earbuds, plus my cellphone, my Blackberry, cigarettes, lighters, a flashlight (you never know), my passport and other stuff that I've already forgotten about. It works perfectly -- well-balanced, more comfortable than slinging a carry-on bag over my shoulder -- there's only one problem: there are so many pockets that I lose things. I just got a call on my cellphone -- I heard my jacket ringing but I couldn't, for the life of me, find the zippered pocket in which I had put my phone.

Still, it worked out fine on my connecting flight from SNA to SFO. My seatmate, a frequent flyer, commented that he was impressed (which may have meant that he was amused) by how much stuff I could put in the jacket. At any rate, I strongly recommend these, particularly for international flights were carry-on number and weight is closely controlled.