FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dec '09 UA Security Procedures-operational changes on INTERNATIONAL flights? [Merged]
Old Dec 27, 2009, 4:06 pm
FiveMileFinal

Programs: Lawl COVID
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Just to clarify. I am not "angry" at UA. However, if UA is enforcing rules more aggressively than other carriers I will fly the other carriers. If all carriers are enforcing these rules I will very possible fly less. Much of my travel, while for business, is for conferences and such. They have value but also have costs associated with them. Making the flights miserable and less productive shifts the value proposition. Its business, not personal
This sums up exactly how I feel.

I'm not mad at United either. There's simply no point in subjecting myself to a worsening travel experience just so I can be somewhere, particularly when I can be just as effective using videoconferencing and web tools.

The large telecommunications company I used to work for was very keen on people not traveling for business. Now that I'm on my own, I have to make sure every minute I spend on an airplane is worth it for my business. And it makes no financial sense for me to spend money to be subjected to these arbitrary rules, all in the name of "safety."

United won't do anything unless enough people come to that decision and act on it. And while they can't ignore TSA rules, they can certainly lobby the TSA to pull their heads out of their rear ends.