FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dec '09 UA Security Procedures-operational changes on INTERNATIONAL flights? [Merged]
Old Dec 27, 2009, 3:39 pm
UAX_Brasilia

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by VTHokieFlyer
How about no mention to any passengers at check-in, while entering the RCC or at the gate boarding the flight that they have shut off the IFE! As I mentioned in my other posts on this thread (like around post 11) I flew UA 881 ORD-NRT (12/26) and we didn't find out till we over heard a FA telling another passenger that the IFE will be off for the entire flight. I could have purchased some books and magazines right there in ORD and I would have been content on the flight but I was just pissed off b/c I had used 3 swu's and this was the first experience in C class for my Dad and Brother!

Is there any mention on .bomb about the possibility of IFE being shut off? I haven't seen any.
Once again, these "changes" are as of yesterday. The TSA themselves have not officially said anything, but there have been numerous reports on multiple airlines about no IFE. I'd be willing to bet that not even all the TA's and RCC agents even know about the changes.

There is even proof of UA giving compensation for something that the government has ordered them to do. IMO, UA is doing everything they can given the circumstances.