FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cuba blocked out of search engines?
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2009, 7:03 am
JohnWM

Programs: hardly any
Try, try again ...

As you know, SirRagner, the U.S. embargo against Cuba is pretty much complete. Thus, you are coming up empty in your searches when using U.S. based internet search engines. In fact, in some southern U.S. cities, the daily weather report even omits that island from the regional map!

I have heard that a person can fly, in the Western hemisphere, from Mexico and from Jamaica to Havana. Such a person could consult the websites of Air Jamaica and Aeromexico or Mexicana, adjust the country setting to the native country (Jamaica or Mexico, as appropriate), and then search.

Similarly for airlines from countries in the Easter hemisphere. Perhaps you might already know which European airlines fly to Havana? Perhaps Iberia, Air France, Lufthansa ... You must check them out individually and use their home country for the website location.

You might also check out some of the European-based online services such as Opodo, which has I recollect a British and a German presence.

Let us know how things turn out for you in your search! (p.s. as I was typing this response to you, two entries advertised on the webpage: Travelzoo and also Cubana de Aviacion. I have not checked either of them out; perhaps you might find them fruitful for information for your desired vacation.)

Last edited by JohnWM; Dec 27, 2009 at 7:10 am Reason: To include another online sourc.