FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dec '09 UA Security Procedures-operational changes on INTERNATIONAL flights? [Merged]
Old Dec 27, 2009, 1:02 am
ThWilmesi

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by ualdenver
I am in the NRT IFL right now. No IFE UA882 (
744) BKK-NRT Dec 27 in all classes.

That's right- nothin'. The screen was off the entire time. No announcements made by the FAs and no apologies. A complete waste of miles for my trip in F.

I asked the purser and she said all IFE will remain off until at least Jan. 1. She doesn't know why Jan. 1 is the set date.

Will continue on to ICN on UA891 (777) this evening also in F. Interesting to see if IFE will also be turned off.

NOTE- these two flights don't even touch U.S. soil. So whatever the reason is, it probably doesn't have to do with the airshow?
well no iIFE on a long flight of over 12 hours - means very simple on UA or american airline for me... next thing is they wont allow you to use the computer..... etc.... thank god you have choices when you fly from
Asia to the US... this is insane to be honest... and i dont know how the turning off of the IFE in this particular case enhances your security....