FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dec '09 UA Security Procedures-operational changes on INTERNATIONAL flights? [Merged]
Old Dec 26, 2009, 10:16 pm
dgcpaphd

Originally Posted by FiveMileFinal
The question I have is, is anyone here willing to pull their travel plans in protest?

I have more than two hundred thousand elite qualifying miles this year. When I read about this nonsense I'm thinking there is a good possibility that I will have very few miles this upcoming year. This is because, at the present time, I am considering canceling my January and later international trips until this stupid "security" panic settles down.

Between more "security" together with less comfort on the aircraft, making trips will be more of a chore than pleasure.

If I learn that foreign carriers are exempt from these new "rules" I will certainly use foreign carriers as much as possible.

I love United but the stress of all the unnecessary associated nonsense called security takes away from the pleasure and anticipation of a trip.

Maybe in a few days I will feel different about the changes and will convince myself to put up with the nonsense. My January trips are just around the corner.

In an earlier post, I remarked that the terrorist incident was an isolated case and was largely due to airline employee errors. Were it not for the errors made by the airline employees (not United) the incident would not have happened. Therefore, we, the passengers are being punished for the errors of the airline employees.

Last edited by dgcpaphd; Dec 26, 2009 at 10:22 pm