FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA
Old Dec 26, 2009, 8:08 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mp_fms
Totally weird. My statement closed yesterday and here is it shows.

Miles earned for purchases this period 5,008
Enrollment bonus miles 50,000
First Use bonus miles 50,000
Total miles transferred to Executive Club 0
Total miles unavailable for redemption 105,008.

Today, I received another "replacement card" from them. This is the 3rd BA one they have sent me. I had received one 10 days back after I complained that my Executive # was missing from the card.

To top it all, I also received a letter today dated 21-Dec that they have now closed my BA card (and 2 other Chase cards).

No miles in my BA executive account so far.

I dont know what to make of all this.
It takes 2 days at least for the BA account to reflect the miles, not taking into account of the weekend.

However, the wording on your statement clearly states that your miles have NOT been transferred to BAEC yet. But you are definitely awarded such miles.

You need to call Chase to find out what is going on.

Also, if the card is closed, the automatic message would tell you so.

What is the reason(s) given on the Dec 21 letter regarding the closure of your Chase accounts?

Today I also received my 3rd BA card which is the 2nd one that came with the BAEC number on it after Chase finally verified my existing BAEC number that had gone missing despite being put on the application form.

However my statement closed on 12/23 shows the miles are transferred to BAEC which also reflects the miles since yesterday.