FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you use OLCI? Why or why not? [Merged]
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:07 pm
Mike Jacoubowsky

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Just wondering, how many folks out there use OLCI for their UA/UAX flights? Since there is typically no bonus miles for using OLCI, even when I don't have a bag to check, I check-in with EasyChicken at the airport...when I board, most folks in the Prem Ex or First class boarding group all seem to have regular boarding passes so even if they're checking in online, they still must have taken the time to stop at EasyChicken for a regular boarding pass. Unless I am on a MR and have an immediate turn, I don't really see the point in using my own paper and printer ink to print off a boarding pass that is 3x the size of a regular boarding pass--especially when it usually takes a 30 second stop (at the non-ticket counter) Easy Chickens to check-in and print boarding passes...besides, going through all the touch screen options is a good way to pass the time and check if that middle seat is still empty
I check in early & often. Seriously. I do OLCI at home and then check in again at the airport. Why? Because you never know when UA might throw you a bone or provide an attractive alternative to your original itin, and I want to give them every chance to do so.