FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Battery not charging on Acer Aspire One 6 cell
Old Dec 23, 2009, 2:32 pm
changlink

Talking Acer Aspire One battery not charging

I recently encountered the very same problem and tried everything listed above but it just didn't work. So I decided to look into Acer's website and found the following information - it's very similar to the information posted here but with slight difference (I'm highlighting the difference below). I tried and it finally WORKED! I guess it is the "slight" different info. that made the difference and saved my day!

Battery discharges and is unable to be recharged
The battery has discharged and is unable to be recharged

If the battery discharges below a certain charge level, it may not be able to be recharged unless the System BIOS is flashed to revision 3309 or later. If the battery will not charge, please ensure that you have the latest BIOS before fore calling the Acer warranty support line. Updating the BIOS will require a USB flash drive to store the BIOS information on during the update. To perform the update to the BIOS:

1. Go "Drivers and Downloads" under Acer Support and download and extract the latest BIOS for the netbook.
2. Rename the BIOS file from 3310.fd to zg5ia32.fd.
3. Copy zg5ia32.fd and Flashit.exe to USB flash drive
4. Ensure that the AC adapter is plugged in.
5. Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port.
6. Press and Hold down the Fn and the Esc keys together and press the power button.
7. When the unit's power light comes on release the Fn and Esc keys.
8. After the keys have been released the power light will start to blink.
9. Let the unit run and after approximately 1-7 minutes, the unit should reboot and the BIOS will be updated

If the battery still will not hold a charge, the battery may need to be replaced, or the netbook may need service.

According to the website, the instruction here only works for AOA-110 and the AOA-150 netbook series. Mine is an AOA-150 series so it worked like a charm!

Thanks guys for the tips. I would have ended up spending huge money to purchase a brand new battery if I didn't come across this forum!

Last edited by changlink; Dec 23, 2009 at 2:42 pm