FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA
Old Dec 23, 2009, 7:57 am
luvflying1975

Can someone help calculating BA cost to redeem miles

Hello All,

Thank you in advance for helping me with this. I don't have the 100K miles yet, so I'm unable to figure out what my out of pocket will be for redeeming it for a RT tix from NA to Far East.

Can someone please do a dummy booking for PHL to BLR on Jan 12th (RT tix returning on Mar 8th). From my reading of the BA site and calling their rep's it is my understanding that I need 90,000 miles for this trip on BA metal. I will also be responsible for Fuel surcharge, taxes and fees. Calculating that amount though is tricky. Based on my calculation from their website I thought it comes to around $300-350. But the phone rep said it will be around $550-600.

I can get a economy RT directly from an agent for around $1000. So I'm trying to see if redeeming my 100K miles on BA metal to BLR makes sense or should I save it for AA travel (domestic/Hawaii etc) instead. If I only save $400 on a RT to Asia, it is not worth as much of the savings.

Thanks again!