Old Dec 22, 09, 8:03 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frugaltravel View Post
Can anyone do me a huge favor? If you have 100K miles posted already, would you kindly try booking to see how many miles needed and how much the fees are to go to Singapore from DFW? I only have 50k miles posted and every time I tried booking it, it showed that I had not enough mileage so I'm not sure about how much the fees are. I need to make a decision fast whether to buy the US miles that currently under a promotion (double bonus) that will expire on 12/31 or to use these 100k BA miles. Thanks!
I believe you issue is your routing as stated, from DFW to SIN, involves 2 Partners - you need to use AA from DFW to West Coast, then take either JL or CX to go to SIN (via NRT using JL, via HKG using CX).

Using 2 or more partners turns the award to a OneWorld award which is based on distance traveled, and is much more expensive than the ONE Partner award.

Your best bet is to make your own way to West Coast and either use JL or CX to get to SIN - that way you can even make a stopover at NRT or HKG, or both - one going and one coming, each direction on a different partner, and book the trip as 2 x One-Way - would cost you the same miles as a r/t anyway.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 22, 09 at 8:41 pm