FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canadian SPG American Express
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2009, 12:19 pm
jarusoba

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
I'm surprised at the resistance to AmEx, as frankly I see them as a far better product than Visa or MC. I used to have problems, regularly, using my Visa overseas... and limit problems. Since switching to AmEx, and their no limit cards, I've had no problems, I haven't had to call international long distance for 30 minutes to answer a questionaire on why I need to buy 6 air conditioners, or plane tickets, or be denied because they suspect it's not genuinely me on the phone.

Amex was the resolve of all my purchase problems, not the cause of them, as it being told here. This is just my experience.

I understand that not all people like AmEx. But it's by far the best choice for some of us. Call me an AmEx lover, no problem... I've been called far worse things, for sure.
+1

I would use my Amex whenever I can. The last time I used my visa was months ago and I don't remember when was the last time I used my MC.

My only beef about the Amex is the low purchase protection limit, a measly one thousand Canadian Dollars, which is hardly enough to cover anything I buy. My visa covers a lot more than $1000.

I think Visa and Mastercard are (kinda crooks). They are supposed to have a lower merchant rate. But they came up with infinite cards and their merchant rates are as high as that of Amex.