FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2010 AA "Who, When, Where, What, How" Thread
Old Dec 20, 2009, 9:20 am
Gamecock

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
When: Army officer who never had status with any airline until December 2008 when I did a PLT challenge. Did the challenge because I thought I would do 3, maybe 4 TATLs this year. Picked up an unexpected TATL on 1 JAN and then another related to my 1st MR, now hoping to get get EXP in SEP. Then I had two unexpected long hauls from Germany to South Africa, full fare Y on BA and I reached EXP during the 1st BA longhaul.
Turns out I would have reached EXP without the DBEQM promo.

How: Work/personal. One 33K, 5 day MR during the DBEQM/BOS3X. It was the perfect storm for my 1st MR! AA: 79K, BA 25K on BA, Some stray EQMs on IB. My patten went from 14K a year to EXP to 116K (including other airlines)

Where: Home airport FRA. Transited or been to DFW, SAN, LAX, BOS, CLT, ORD, LHR, CAE, SAT, LAS, LGW, LUX, MAD, JNB

Why: Added comfort, SWUs, lounges. AA is preferred because the Government required AA fro several of my trips. I choose to use AA for personal trips, even though FRA-DFW-CAE is the long way around.

What: I honestly don't think I will fly nearly as much in 2010. Will do one TATL in the spring and then be moving back to the States. I plan on traveling a lot once back in the States to take advantage of my status as it winds back down to PLT.