FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A MAD Tier Point Run - BA Y & IB J inc LHR T3 Lounge Reviews
Old Dec 18, 2009, 6:06 pm
Genius1
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
My first port of call was the new BA Galleries lounge complex, situated in Lounge Zone F, taking up the space previously occupied by the United lounges (who now operate from T1, along with many other Star Alliance airlines). The BA Galleries complex can be found up a corridor off from the main gate area, past the entrance to the Japan Airlines and Servisair lounges. I walked through the automatic blue doors (although shockingly one was broken already!) and into the reception area, with Galleries First off to the left, the Elemis Travel Spa next to it and Galleries Club straight ahead. The exit from the reception area is to the right as you walk in. At the Galleries Club entrance, my BP and Silver card were scanned/swiped and I was welcomed into the lounge with a warning that announcements aren't made and to keep an eye on the screens. As you enter the lounge, there is an awkward shaped corridor with comfy chairs, tables and telephones along both walls, with washrooms off to the left. Straight ahead is Guest Services, and behind that is the main lounge, comprised of three 'rooms'. The first is the eating area (rather white and clinical looking, with no windows), the second is the coffee area, Kids' Zone and Work & Entertainment Zone, and the third 'room' is the Silver Bar. Both of these last two 'rooms' have windows on the left hand side looking out towards the Scandinavian Airlines gates and, in the distance across the southern runway, T4. At the very end of the lounge are some more washrooms. Showers are provided in the Elemis area in the reception. I was pretty underwhelmed by the lounge to be honest - decoration is virtually identical to the Club lounges in T5, but the effect is somewhat diminished by the low ceilings of T3 and odd shape of the lounge (long and narrow). The entrance area to the Club lounge is particularly strange, but I suppose BA did the best they could with the space they had.

BA Galleries lounge complex reception area (seen from the exit)

Eating area in the Galleries Club lounge

Club Kitchen

Looking into the second 'room' from the eating area

Coffee area

Coffee area

Secondary bar opposite the Coffee House

Looking towards the Work & Entertainment Zone

Looking across the W&E Zone to the Coffee House

Work & Entertainment Zone

Silver Bar in the final 'room'

Silver Bar

Silver Bar

Silver Bar

Silver Bar

Relaxation area behind the Silver Bar

Cathay 747 pushing back viewed from the lounge...

...off to HKG

Great view of the 747

Last edited by Genius1; Dec 18, 2009 at 6:21 pm