FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID
Old Dec 18, 2009, 4:48 pm
PTravel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SgtScott31
I think taking pictures for financial gain without airport permission versus someone refusing to show ID is quite different.
Nope -- it's all the First Amendment.

My posts simply explain that someone cannot come in the airport and start taking pictures any time they feel like it without any repercussions, depending on their intent for taking the pictures.
And, sorry, but that's incorrect. As long as an airport is a public or quasi-public area, anything in plain sight is fair game for a photograph, regardless of the intent of the photographer.

It's pretty easy to determine those that are there for financial gain (paparazzi) versus mom & pops who are taking pictures of airplanes and family throughout the concourse or in front of our poinsettia tree by the ticket counter.
And from the standpoint of the Constitution, they're all one in the same.

Actual boca, we are an agent of the Airport Authority and can issue trespass warnings without authority of the director. I have never attempted to "ban" someone for life from the airport, but I have issued trespass warnings to plenty who caused problems and/or were arrested.
Sure, that's absolutely appropriate. I hope, however, that you never issued a trespass warning because someone took a picture for a reason that you didn't like.

My true belief, even if the local charges get dismissed and he wins his little battle in ABQ, he will still lose the war. Millions of other Americans have no problems with the current TSA practices in place.
At the risk of invoking Godwin, millions of Germans had no problems with Nazi policies, either. The fact that most Americans are sheep and neither understand nor care about the constitutional limitations on government power that make the U.S. unique in the world is not justification for TSA's routine excesses.