FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID
Old Dec 18, 2009, 4:26 pm
ND Sol

Originally Posted by SgtScott31
I'm not a die hard photographer attacker who goes looking for this. I seriously have more important things to attend to, but it is part of my job. It is not uncommon for my officers (I'm a Sgt - hence the screen name) to approach commercial photographers and ask if permission has been received from the communications dept. If not, then it has to be received or they may have to leave property. Now I'm sure 95% of the time there is no issue and it only takes a phone call, but in case there is, the Authority holds the right to remove people from property who have no legitimate reason for being there. If you think I'm wrong, consult with our legal folks. One thing you don't want to do (in my opinion) is test the validity of the rules/regs by tussling with the police and getting yourself arrested. I mean, if you're ok with having a criminal record, stress, time away from family and friends, large financial burden (attorney retainer, court fees regardless of outcome, expungement fees, etc etc) and your name plastered over everything just because you wanted to prove a point and take some snapshots in the airport, all the more power to you. [emphasis added]
I will take you up on your offer to consult with your legal folks. Please provide me with the telephone number and name that I can contact.

I have talked to attorneys with the TSA and for ISP about photography matters and would like to find out the legal position at BNA.